- Why is the Game Not Available?
- Why is the quality of the video grainy?
- Why are my videos taking so long to start and/or very choppy?
- The video is choppy or stuttering, but the audio is fine?
- Why is my video not playing?
- In the "LIVE GAMES" area of the AHL Live service some games do not have a "GET IT" button, why is that?
- I don't see any FREE HIGHLIGHTS or FREE VOD. Why not?
- Can I download the archives onto my computer?
- Are Playoffs included in the seasons pass?
- Why does the quality of the video production vary from game to game?
Why is the Game Not Available?
The game you are attempting to purchase/view may not be available for a number of reasons, some examples follow:
- Game cancelled.
- Game not being broadcast.
- Games played outside an AHL arena may not be broadcast.
- Technical issues at the venue.
Why is the quality of the video grainy?
Your computer may be running on a low-bandwidth network that cannot handle the high resolution videos.
Why are my videos taking so long to start and/or very choppy?
This is most likely due to low internet bandwidth and/or and underpowered graphics card. It is required that you have either a Cable or DSL modem providing at least 800 kbps download speed. Please do not download music, movies, or games at the same time as you are watching a game, as this consumes your bandwidth. Note also that if you are on a shared network, other people may be consuming your bandwidth. For example if your children are using the web at the same time you are you may experience degradation. Contact your internet provider if you suspect you are getting less internet bandwidth then you should.
The video is choppy or stuttering, but the audio is fine?
This is most likely an issue with your computer's hardware. Here's what you can do:
- Make sure that your system meets our minimum requirements.
- Check the CPU usage on your computer. To check this on Windows, right-click on your task bar, launch the Task Manager and go to the Performance tab. On a Mac, go to Application, then Utilities and launch the Activity Monitor. If the CPU usage while watching a video is above 50% (or 100% on Mac with a dual-core processor), try shutting down any application that may be using your CPU.
In the "LIVE GAMES" area of the AHL Live service some games do not have a "GET IT" button, why is that?
Some games may not be broadcast due to connectivity or equipment issues at the venue. Also, from time to time, games may be played in arenas that are not the regular home arena of a AHL team. In this case, the game does not have broadcast coverage and will not be available in the AHL Live service. There may be other conditions that cause a game to not be broadcast. Please also check the scrolling information ticket at the top of the page at www.ahllive.com for current game information status.
I don't see any FREE HIGHLIGHTS or FREE VOD. Why not?
If no Highlight or VOD clips appear when you click on the tabs, it may be that no clips are available for the month selected. Click on ALL Months to see clips. If there are still no videos (after selecting All Months) then no videos have been uploaded by league.
Are Playoffs included in the seasons pass?
Playoffs are not included in any of the current packages.
Why does the quality of the video production vary from game to game?
We've tapped into two separate source of audio / video. The first is what we refer to as our "Broadcast Feed" which involves taking a television signal Webcasting it. The second is our "Scout Feed" which is the video the home team records of the game by using one camera usually located in the press box.
If you have any questions or comments contact us by emailing at email@example.com